News: Dr. Vavra is now Dr. GONZALEZ!
About Dr. Amy Gonzalez, D.C.
Note: Dr. Gonzalez had a name change in October of 2016 (previously Dr. Vavra)
- Dr. Gonzalez was appointed by Governor Rick Perry and now Greg Abbott to the Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners - the licensing board for all Chiropractors in Texas and currently serves as the Secretary/Treasurer of the Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- She is the Chair of the Enforcement Committee and has served two years with this committee helping to resolve complaints and promote ethical practice of Chiropractic in Texas
- She sat on the Licensing and Education Committee for one year helping ensure proper standards for licensing and continuing education of Texas Chiropractors.
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Parker University
- Acupuncture training through Parker University
- Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Parker University
- Undergraduate education (Spanish and Pre-med) at University of Texas at Arlington
- Certified in Myofascial Release - 11 years of experience with soft tissue work
- Certified in Upper Region Fascial Distortion Model
Dr. Gonzalez is different from other doctors in that she has three different types of treatment at her disposal. She is able to assess each of her patients to find out what type of treatment is best for their particular symptoms and adapt their treatment based on that patient's individual results. She uses Chiropractic and Acupuncture as well as soft tissue work to treat a very wide variety of issues.
Dr. Gonzalez also differs in that she does not believe in putting patients on long-term treatment plans. She focuses on symptom relief in her office and educates and encourages her patients to do most of their long-term rehabilitation and strengthening at home significantly reducing the patient's cost of treatment. She prefers to take a conservative "go with the flow" approach and makes recommendations at each visit based on the patient's individual progress rather than suggesting a patient needs a specific number of visits.
Dr. Gonzalez enjoys practicing yoga, painting, and watching her kids and husband play sports. You can find some of her artwork around her office. She loves to take challenging cases where pharmaceuticals and/or surgery have failed.
About Michael Gonzalez, Paramedic and Clinical Manager
Michael is a paramedic with 15 years of experience working with Dallas Fire Rescue. He often participates in new patient consultations and examinations offering a well-rounded perspective on patient assessment and care. Michael is also experienced in many physical modalities such as myofascial release, trigger point therapy, and instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization. He and Dr. Gonzalez attend workshops related to muscular/fascial injuries together in order to best ensure a seamless continuity of care depending on which of them is available at the time of treatment.
Due to his valuable experience working in a pre-hospital setting, he is able to assist Dr. Gonzalez in examination and assessment information to rule out any acute issues that may need to be referred to an ER or other specialist doctor. Michael does a majority of the soft tissue work for patients including myofascial release, trigger point, stretches, exercises, and home care instruction.
Michael plays goaltender on two ice hockey teams. He enjoys being outdoors and playing sports with the kids. He loves helping people get back to doing the activities that they enjoy.
About Rebekka Girard, LMT
Rebeakka is skilled in many modalities in the massage therapy field such as Swedish massage, pregnancy massage, lymphatic drainage, deep tissue, Acupressure, and Tui na, and is always expanding her education. Her favorite thing about being a massage therapist is seeing results in her clients. She loves to help people feel better and get back to the things they love.
She graduated Cum Laude University Scholar from Stephen F. Austin University with a double major in Sociology and Anthropology with a minor Geography. She attended the massage therapy program at Tarrant County College. She has been a massage therapist since 2012.
Rebekka enjoys playing video games and attending Comic Con events with her friends.